Outstanding OFSTED rating (2016). Well-equipped outdoor play areas, rights respecting culture, forest school, exceptional range of toys and play activities: wonderful facilities to help each child grow.
Learning Through Play
Our children love their time at Pre-School! We focus on developing each child in-line with the EYFS curriculum in a fun, friendly, caring environment, smoothly the transition to school life.
The exceptional care our dedicated, experienced team of childcare professionals provide each child is regularly praised. Whilst our community focus is ensured by our committee of parents.
Why Seer Green Pre-school
Both children and parents love Seer Green Pre-School. In the 2018 parent survey 100% of parents who responded would recommend the Pre-School to another parent (Strongly Agreed 16 parents, Agreed 1 parent).
They also Agreed or Strongly Agreed that the Pre-School was well led and managed and that their child was: happy, safe, well looked after, and making progress.
They stated some of the key strengths as:
Caring staff, warm and friendly family environment for children to enter into and form friendships, flexibility regarding hours that children can go to the preschool to help suit family life (ie parents commitments to work etc), clean, organised and stimulating surroundings, I am absolutely confidently my child’s needs will be met, emotionally secure – there is always an adult on hand to give a hug, read a story or comfort, healthy snacks, a community feel, great leadership and amazing practices in place.
Our unique ‘Lion’, ‘Tiger’ and ‘Cheetah’ session approach is specifically designed around the children. Whilst some flexibility for extra sessions is possible subject to availability, the groups mean:
- Children attend Pre-School with a consistent group leading to strong friendships and strong bonds with teachers
- Sessions are 3 hours long: optimising learning and fun (not exhaustion)
Other highlights include (click to find out more): Rights Respecting Environment, Forest School, School transition programme, Parents community, Dedicated Early Years Advisor.
Seer Green Pre-School boasts an array of facilities ideal for the needs of 2&1/2 – 5 year olds:
Plenty of indoor space complete with:
- comfy reading area, home corner, computer corner, water play area, painting easels, wide array of (regularly changing) craft and learning activities
Spacious outdoor covered and open areas including:
- Large sandpit, the very popular mud kitchen, climbing frame, playhouse, a variety of ride-ons/scooters and countless other toys
When your child joins Seer Green Pre-School they will either be offered a place as a Lion, Tiger or Cheetah – this dictates the sessions they will attend.
Whilst unusual, we see this approach as a real strength. The consistency in attending every day and with the same children promotes quick settling and strong friendships. The 3 hour sessions are a perfect length to engage and develop children without over-exhausting them. This format also allows us to maximise the number of local children who can benefit from the Pre-School.
Many of our children have parents who both work, utilising local child minders and nannies to provide wrap-around care around pre-school hours. Just ask if you would like contact details for wrap-around care providers in the area.
We may also be able to offer some additional sessions (subject to availability) so that your child can attend for one or more full days. Also, once a child turns 3 they are given the opportunity to sign up for additional lunchtime sessions – just ask for more details.
We are proud of the strong links we have with parents in terms of communication, parental involvement and enabling great friendship amongst the parents not just the children.
For example, you can:
- Communicate as often as you like with your child’s key person via observation books or in person
- Hear what’s going on via daily ‘today at Pre-School’ notice (also on closed facebook group), weekly ‘This Week at Pre-School’ emails and twice termly newsletter from the Chair
- Attend termly events from Friday Fizz to Quiz Night
- Visit pre-school during regular drop-in sessions
- Help out in anything from helping with cooking to washing tea towels
Your children’s development and welfare are our main priorities