Outstanding OFSTED rating (2016). Well-equipped outdoor play areas, rights respecting culture, forest school, exceptional range of toys and play activities: wonderful facilities to help each child grow.
Learning Through Play
Our children love their time at Pre-School! We focus on developing each child in-line with the EYFS curriculum in a fun, friendly, caring environment, smoothly the transition to school life.
The exceptional care our dedicated, experienced team of childcare professionals provide each child is regularly praised. Whilst our community focus is ensured by our committee of parents.
Why Seer Green Pre-school
Both children and parents love Seer Green Pre-School. In the 2019 parent survey 100% of parents who responded would recommend the Pre-School to another parent.
They also 100% Strongly Agree that the Pre-School was well led and managed.
They stated some of the key strengths as:
Such a caring and nurturing environment with experienced and approachable staff. The staff turnover is very low so the consistency of care is great. Communication with parents is excellent as they use various methods: reports, communication books and through the online journal. It is so well run with dates for your diary always given far in advance. The systems and routines are very structured which aids the children with stability. Facitilites are great including a variety of learning aids and a fantastic outdoor area. From my perspective it is fantastic on every level.
Seer Green Pre-School boasts an array of facilities ideal for the needs of 2&1/2 – 5 year olds:
Plenty of indoor space complete with:
- comfy reading area, home corner, computer corner, water play area, painting easels, wide array of (regularly changing) craft and learning activities
Spacious outdoor covered and open areas including:
- Large sandpit, the very popular mud kitchen, climbing frame, playhouse, a variety of ride-ons/scooters and countless other toys
Before your child joins Seer Green Pre-School you will be asked to select your preference of sessions following the below guidelines:
The younger academic year will attend a minimum of 4 CORE 3 HOUR SESSIONS between Monday and Thursday which must consist of two mornings (08:50-11:50) and two afternoons (12:10-15:10).
The older academic year will attend a minimum of 4 CORE 3 HOUR SESSIONS PLUS A FULL DAY ON A FRIDAY.
The CORE sessions (apart from the Friday) can be distributed across the week depending on the parents preference. For example you could select 4 mornings, or 4 afternoons, or 2 full days etc.
Should there be availability your child may attend for more sessions.
We are proud of the strong links we have with parents in terms of communication, parental involvement and enabling great friendship amongst the parents not just the children.
For example, you can:
- Communicate as often as you like with your child’s key person via observation books or in person
- Hear what’s going on via daily ‘today at Pre-School’ notice (also on closed facebook group), weekly ‘This Week at Pre-School’ emails and twice termly newsletter from the Chair
- Attend termly events from Friday Fizz to Quiz Night
- Visit pre-school during regular drop-in sessions
- Help out in anything from helping with cooking to washing tea towels
Your children’s development and welfare are our main priorities