Established in the late 1960’s, Seer Green Pre-School is:
Aims & Objectives
We are a community-based charity Pre-School run by local parents and staffed by experienced qualified personnel. The Pre-School cares for up to 20 children per morning / afternoon session, between the ages of two-and-a-half and five years of age. Our aim is to provide the highest quality Early Years care and education, by inspiring and motivating children to learn in a safe, stimulating and happy environment. We aim to do this through:
- Offering a challenging and play-based curriculum, according to the Early Years Foundation Stage, in order to encourage children’s social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
- Ensuring every child’s individual needs are met, thereby enabling them to reach their full potential.
- Developing warm responsive relationships between adults and children.
- Working in partnership with parents, involving them fully in their child’s learning and development.
- Encouraging staff to gain higher qualifications and improve skills.
- Continuously improving the quality of provision, by identifying our strengths and setting goals for improvement.
- Ensuring the Pre-School is accessible to all children, regardless of race, culture, religion.
Seer Green Pre-School boasts an array of facilities ideal for the children’s needs:
Plenty of indoor space complete with: role-play area,water/sand play area, comfy reading area, computer corner, craft table, painting easels and a wide array of learning activities which are regularly rotated.
Spacious outdoor covered and open areas including: our gardening area, large sandpit, the very popular mud kitchen, climbing frame, playhouse, a variety of ride-ons/scooters and countless other toys.
The children are also able to initiate their own activities from a wide range of resources which are available for self-selection.