Quality Improvement Plan
The committee and staff at the pre-school are constantly looking for ways in which we can improve our setting further. Each year, we set out our priorities for improvements in our Quality Improvement Plan (QIP). Our targets for the 2018-2019 academic year are as follows:
1. Improve the robustness of our self-evaluation process. This will involve the following actions:
· Staff to carry out regular room observations, followed by staff discussions, in order to identify potential improvements to provision
· Re-examine and improve our current staff self-appraisal forms to encourage deeper reflection of practice by staff.
· Establish a child-friendly system of gathering children’s views of pre-school, again with the aim of looking for ways in which we can further develop and improve our setting.
2. Improve planning for older and more able children to ensure activities and experiences challenge and extend learning. This will involve the following actions:
· Carry out literacy audit and identify potential improvements to provision and practice.
· Staff to visit other settings, with a focus on older children (eg reception classes).
· Look at how activities are differentiated for more able children.
· Evaluate home/preschool links and support for children’s learning at home.